The Airline Industry has continued to rapidly grow over the last few years. According to Rafat Ali, the travel industry is the second-fastest growing sector globally, with 3.9 percent per annum over the next ten years.
What are Push Notifications?
Marketing today is all about capturing the consumer at the right time with the right message, and for airlines that is no different. One way to achieve this is through Push Notifications on mobile devices. Push Notifications are messages sent to the user who has the app installed on a device. When the Push Notification is received, the message is displayed on the home or lock screen of the device. Push Notifications are generally used to share news of new product offerings, current offers or events while the user is not actively using the application. Push Notifications are commonly used by large enterprise brands to re-engage dormant users.
Xtremepush has recently updated their Push Notification offering to include buttons for secondary, complementary actions that will allow your users to interact with notifications from outside of the app or website. They can be used to drive users to take immediate, specific action, make decisions or choices.
How can Airlines benefit from using Push Notifications?
Push Notification provides value and information to users. For example, an Airline company can benefit from push notifications by :
- Driving direct & secondary revenue through the mobile channel
- Increasing average spend and booking frequency of airline passengers
- Enhancing, speeding up and de-stressing the passenger journey by displaying contextually relevant information on devices at the right time and in the right place.
- Providing a greater and more personalised passenger experience
- Rewarding customer loyalty and boost user retention
Xtremepush and Push Notifications
Xtremepush enables enterprises to better understand their app user, increase engagement and drive revenue through their app. Benefits of push notifications include:
- Personalised messaging
Engage your users instantly with personalised push messaging. Personalising push notifications is vital to getting your customers attention. With Xtremepush, you can send personalised messaging based on your customer’s user profile based on their actions within your app.
- Deliver perfectly timed messages
Send the right message to the right person at the right time. With our predictive analytics, you can get it right every time with custom scheduling and automated Push notification campaigns.
- Re-engage your inactive users
Xtremepush enables you to re-engage your inactive users by sending relevant content. Reach out to dormant users by sending tailored breaking news updates, notifying customers when items are back in stock and more.
- Precise location targeting
With location targeting, you can send push notifications to users the moment they enter or exit a specific location, even if they don’t have your app open. This ensures the user receives relevant messages at the right time in the right place.
Multi-Channel Engagement Strategy
Airlines are utilising Push Notifications as part of their multi-channel engagement strategy. Our multi-channel engagement offering enables airlines to engage their users across all digital channels on mobile, web and app. With data-driven marketing campaigns, airlines can gain deep insights into their user’s behaviour which enables them to send highly-intelligent personalised content to their users across all digital channels.
To find out more about Xtremepush and how our Push Notification solution can enhance your multi-channel engagement, please speak with the Xtremepush team today.
- Why Airlines should use Push Notifications as part of of their Multi-Channel Engagement Strategy - December 20, 2017
- How Beacon Technology can transform the Banking Industry - December 18, 2017
- Uber’s error ahead of GDPR is valuable lesson for businesses - November 24, 2017
- Research shows that Irish Firms are NOT ready for GDPR - November 16, 2017
- The Importance of Web Push Notifications for Retailers - November 15, 2017
- GDPR and what it means for Email Marketing - November 9, 2017
- The Xtremepush Use Case Series: Basket Recovery in the Retail Industry - October 19, 2017
- The Xtremepush Use Case Series: Cart Recovery for the Sports Betting & Gaming industry - October 12, 2017
- Xtremepush: Top 10 Marketing Automation Solution Provider 2017 - October 11, 2017
- The Benefits of using Google Tag Manager - October 3, 2017