What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a powerful tool that puts the marketer in control of their digital marketing. It enables marketers to update all their website tags directly from Google Tag Manager instead of editing site codes – which reduces errors, removes having to involve a webmaster and lets you quickly deploy tags onto your site. Google Tag Manager makes adding and managing marketing tags possible without digging into the code.
What are the benefits of using Google Tag Manager?
According to Andy Crestodina from Orbit Media, only 41.4% of the top 200 marketing websites are using Google Tag Manager. GTM has a number of different benefits including
1. Ease of use
GTM authorises team members to make updates and add new tags quickly and easily. This reduces the need for developers which saves you time and money. It also enables you to make more rapid decisions.
2. Improves your website speed
3. Allows you to do Advanced Tracking
The greatest benefit that GTM brings is the ability to make advanced tracking possible for your website. Google Tag Manager supplies many inbuilt tags and variables through which you can enforce advanced tracking in a short space of time
4. Extremely Efficient
When using GTM you can add, edit, enable, disable and remove all website tags from one location
5. GTM is completely free to use
How Xtremepush integrates with Google Tag Manager
Xtremepush is now live on Google Tag Manager. Xtremepush is the first Irish company, and the only Web Push certified vendor globally, on GTM.
Integrating with Xtremepush has never been easier. GTM allows enterprise brands to easily integrate with Xtremepush in three easy steps. First, select the Xtremepush tag ‘Xtremepush – Web Push & Onsite Engagement’ template on Google Tag Manager. Input the Xtremepush App Key, which is provided by the Xtremepush team. Google Tag Manager will then automatically generate the correct code to access the platform.
The Xtremepush Web Push & Onsite Engagement channels enable enterprises to instantly engage with their website users. Our platform is designed to enable your customers to opt-in for web push notifications from your website with one frictionless click. Enterprises will increase customer retention through delivering targeted Web Push campaigns at each stage of the user journey. Also, drive online conversion rates as you can re-engage with your customers at optimal times. Xtremepush engagement channels include Web Push, Email, Pop-ups, In Web Messages, SMS and WebHook.
Watch our video here to see how easy it is to integrate with Xtremepush through Google Tag Manager.
Have a Question? Get in touch with the Xtremepush team today.
- Why Airlines should use Push Notifications as part of of their Multi-Channel Engagement Strategy - December 20, 2017
- How Beacon Technology can transform the Banking Industry - December 18, 2017
- Uber’s error ahead of GDPR is valuable lesson for businesses - November 24, 2017
- Research shows that Irish Firms are NOT ready for GDPR - November 16, 2017
- The Importance of Web Push Notifications for Retailers - November 15, 2017
- GDPR and what it means for Email Marketing - November 9, 2017
- The Xtremepush Use Case Series: Basket Recovery in the Retail Industry - October 19, 2017
- The Xtremepush Use Case Series: Cart Recovery for the Sports Betting & Gaming industry - October 12, 2017
- Xtremepush: Top 10 Marketing Automation Solution Provider 2017 - October 11, 2017
- The Benefits of using Google Tag Manager - October 3, 2017