As one of Enterprise Ireland’s High Potential Start-Ups for 2016, Xtremepush were invited to the annual showcase. This year’s event took place in Dublin Castle and we were joined by over 220 companies who Enterprise Ireland had supported throughout the year. Speakers on the day included Mary Mitchell O’Connor, T.D. Minister for Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation, Neill Ryan, CEO – VRM Technology and keynote speaker, Ash Maurya, who is the author of bestselling books “Running Lean” and “Scaling Lean”.
During 2016, Enterprise Ireland supported
- 101 new High Potential Start-Ups (HPSU) – start-up businesses with the potential to create 10 jobs and €1million in sales within three to four years of starting up
- 128 new Competitive Start Funds (CSF), which injects critical early stage funding into new businesses
- Over a quarter (28%) were female-led businesses, including 19 new HPSUs and 44 new CSF investment approvals – up from a total of 61 in 2015
- Over half (53%) the start-ups supported during 2016, were in regions outside of Dublin
- Investment in seven new Fintech HPSUs and a further 10 Fintech start-ups were supported under a dedicated CSF fund.
- 15 spin-out companies from Higher Education Institutions supported in 2016
- 33 new start-ups established by overseas entrepreneurs who have moved to Ireland to establish their businesses and include entrepreneurs from Russia, Europe and USA
To find out more about Enterprise Ireland, visit their website.