Xtremepush are delighted to announce our partnership with the GDPR Awareness Coalition. The GDPR Awareness Coalition is a not-for-profit, fixed-term initiative, established in February 2017, to assist in raising awareness of the data privacy obligations for companies big or small, from the global multinational to single employee traders, as a result of the implementation of GDPR on the near horizon.
With roots going back in February 2017 with an initial call for collaborators by Garry Connolly, President and Founder of Host in Ireland, the Coalition is currently growing in numbers on a daily basis and involves companies that include GDPR experts, vendors, legal, fiscal, event and general collaborators. For the full list of GDPR Awareness Coalition Partners, click here.
What is the motivation and logic behind the GDPR Awareness Coalition?
“The power is in the collective. Collaboration/co-opetition is a very powerful thing.” The motivation for the establishment of the initiative was a result of the growing concern that awareness of GDPR in Ireland was very imbalanced. Awareness appeared to be very high in multinational businesses to quite low within the construction and retail sectors for example.
“Ireland has a very strong and well-respected international reputation for being a leader in the digital asset hosting sector,” says Garry Connolly, Host in Ireland. “With many of the world’s leading companies calling Ireland home for their operations in Europe, it was a concern to us when we read some of the recent reports that Ireland had a below-average awareness of the GDPR in comparison to other EU countries. We felt if we could help raise this awareness, we should.”
Awareness is only the first stage, and Mr. Connolly admits whilst he is not an expert on the finer details of GDPR however with the support of the subject matter experts already in the Coalition, we can collectively match those that need to be made aware and those that can provide this awareness via our planned online and offline activities.
Xtremepush – How our platform can help ensure your GDPR compliance
We have added a new module to our platform, specifically to cater for Customer Consent Management and Customer Data Management in the broader sense (with GDPR Privacy, Customer Consent, and Security built into to the module by design).
The architecture, controls and real-time auditing capabilities ensure that Xtremepush are perfectly positioned to manage your GDPR data protection, consent, security and right to be forgotten requirements, via a powerful, secure and resilient platform.
Read our latest GDPR blog ‘GDPR – The practicalities of a new reality’ from CEO, Tommy Kearns, here.
For more information on GDPR and how Xtremepush can help, please get in touch.
- Meet Xtremepush at ICE Totally Gaming 2018 - January 9, 2018
- Facebook Messenger: Engage Users at Speed and Scale - November 21, 2017
- The Xtremepush Use Case Series: Educating your user - October 5, 2017
- Optimove Connect 2017: Xtremepush Official Sponsors - October 2, 2017
- Xtremepush partner with Hotcourses Group on new Whatuni App - September 22, 2017
- Xtremepush: Push is on to engage online clients - September 19, 2017
- Xtremepush live on Google Tag Manager - August 28, 2017
- Google to open Play Store to Gaming and Sports Betting Apps - July 21, 2017
- BIG Fintech Media Podcast: A Data-Driven Approach to Marketing - July 12, 2017
- Xtremepush partner with GDPR Awareness Coalition - May 16, 2017