Xtremepush partner with Hotcourses on their new Whatuni app to deliver:
- A mobile app designed to help students choose a university course
- Interactive chatbot, ‘H.E.R.B.’ (Higher Education Research Bot) matches students to institutions based on preferences
- Personalised, intelligent push notifications guide students through application journey, from course research to results day and clearing
- Creators aim to enhance the student research journey with combination of chatbot and Xtremepush technology to improve student satisfaction, which has decreased from 82.6% in 2016 to 81.4% in 2017 according to the Whatuni’s Insights data
Whatuni has announced the release of a new mobile app aimed at prospective students researching university options. Whatuni for iPhone provides users with customisable undergraduate course and university research services and is available for iOS on iTunes.
In recent years, decreasing student satisfaction and problematic retention rates have been linked to a lack of thorough research leading up to students’ UCAS applications. The new app aims improve the depth of research by enabling students to get into the habit of short bursts – or micro-moments – of university research, conducted with relative frequency and supported with Xtremepush intelligent notifications that will support users through the end-to-end application process.
The app connects students to data on 61,544 degrees at universities across the UK and offers personalised match filters on everything from preferred location type, for example big city or seaside, to preferred assessment style – coursework, exam or practical work. It also provides access to 95,000+ reviews of past and present student experiences on university life and academic teaching with universities ranked from 0 to 5 stars.
Tommy Kearns, CEO at Xtremepush, says:
“Choosing the right university degree is a very difficult process for any new student, especially with the high number of degrees available across the UK. We are delighted to have partnered with Hotcourses on their new Whatuni app, which will help thousands of students choose their university course. The Xtremepush technology will help guide students through the application journey with personalised, intelligent notifications to ensure they complete the process.”
Jackie Smith, Chief Technology Officer at Whatuni, says:
“University and course research is a time-intensive activity and the choices can be overwhelming. Our app provides users with a personalised matching service which can suggest results on a ‘best match’ basis.
“We’ve focused on delivering a fast, relevant, quality assistive user experience through a combination of personalised and localised push notifications, and enhanced mobile technology in the form of interactive chatbot, H.E.R.B., that allows our students to search seamlessly and easily compare institutions and courses on the move.”
To find out more about Xtremepush engagement channels on our analytics and engagement marketing platform, please get in touch today.
Hotcourses web products are used by over 68 million students worldwide each year. The company employs 300 people and has offices in London, Sydney, Boston and Chennai. For more information about Whatuni visit www.whatuni.com
Founded in 2007, Whatuni is a platform which helps students find the right course at the right university. Whatuni is renowned for the student-focus of its site, and its annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards (WUSCAs). Whatuni.com is part of the Hotcourses Group, founded in 1996. It provides the world’s largest web-based course and university/college search for students looking to study in the UK.
- Meet Xtremepush at ICE Totally Gaming 2018 - January 9, 2018
- Facebook Messenger: Engage Users at Speed and Scale - November 21, 2017
- The Xtremepush Use Case Series: Educating your user - October 5, 2017
- Optimove Connect 2017: Xtremepush Official Sponsors - October 2, 2017
- Xtremepush partner with Hotcourses Group on new Whatuni App - September 22, 2017
- Xtremepush: Push is on to engage online clients - September 19, 2017
- Xtremepush live on Google Tag Manager - August 28, 2017
- Google to open Play Store to Gaming and Sports Betting Apps - July 21, 2017
- BIG Fintech Media Podcast: A Data-Driven Approach to Marketing - July 12, 2017
- Xtremepush partner with GDPR Awareness Coalition - May 16, 2017